Friday, November 15, 2013

Monday Muses: Prompt #2

My favorite picture book is The Giving Tree, by Shel Silverstein. I love this book because I love how kind the tree is. It is so caring and humble. It doesn’t ask for anything from the boy, just that he spends time with it. And it’s willing to do and give anything to make the boy happy. The boy takes it for grant and it knows that but doesn’t care. It has the biggest heart and I just love that part the best.


But as I got older, I realized that it could be one two things: a) a parent or guardian or someone who loves you enough to give up everything for you because that’s how much they love you or b) the environment, but it’s most likely choice a. But they both are important and we take them both for granted. They both are extremely giving because one just is and the other can’t defend itself. So we should take more and better care of both because they’re the reason we made it here today.


4 comments:

  1. I have also read this book by shel silverstein and i find it funny how we both came to realize that the book has many messsages that are deeper than what apeears to be as we grew older. What i did not notice however was the connection between the book and how we need to be mkore cautious, thanking, and protective of those who are the reason why we are who we are today. Fantastic job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I read The Giving Tree a long time ago, but I don't quite remember it. Your post is great. How is it that everyone has such strong deep posts this week and mine is so silly??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. your post isn't silly, it's heartfelt and brings back rushes of the good old kid times.

      Delete
  3. I love the giving tree. Its one of those picture books that actually has a deep moral and how you can go back and reread years later and it can be interpertated so differently.Great post.

    ReplyDelete