Saturday, March 8, 2014

My Sonnet, Revised & Redone

When I was about to hand in my final sonnet, I realized that it had a few mistakes in it. Things were missing and I didn't do somethings I wanted to should have done. So I decided it fix it up. Even though it won’t count or help my grade, I feel good knowing that it’s finished and perfected to the best of its/my ability. So here's my final sonnet. (I was kind of in bad mood that day though I don't remember why, so... yeah.) Enjoy!

The Darkness
The darkness hovers over all at once,
From widest stars to basic things that sing.
But in the light it’s almost like a dunce,
They laugh at it though it says not a thing.
The darkness comes to some to overtake, 
They fear and they cannot take it no more.
Hence, once appeared, their fear makes them shake
And through their fantasies, there starts a war.

It lurks in tiny spaces of the heart,
Brightened and dimmed with what they encounter,
And strikes into them like some poisoned darts.
It changes them, inside out, in a blur.

Little overcame their fear, winning glee,
Others have no choice but to flee.




No comments:

Post a Comment